Mobile Ministry for Christian Churches
October 23, 2014
Register Today So You Won’t Miss This Important New Class
“To be salt and light in this new medium, Christians must approach the Internet with a missionary’s perspective learning as much as possible about this population before setting out to minister.”
Andrew Careaga, eMinistry: Connecting with the Net Generation
Mobile ministry is a major digital trend. This new course, never before offered in any college or seminary, will provide students with an understanding of apps, texting, mobile websites, mobile money, mobile giving, and fundraising, QR codes and more and will show each student, how these digital tools and technologies can be used quickly, easily, and inexpensively to preach, teach, evangelize, create community and fellowship, reach out to new disciples, grow and plant, and fulfill the Great Commission of Christ in their ministry and church.
"Dr. Kaye challenges you to think outside the box while remaining true to the message. Her insight and approach enable ministry leaders to engage the Digital Age instead of fearing it. I found her practical style to be both refreshing and much needed."
Steven Kyle, Senior Pastor, Hiland Park Baptist Church, Panama City, FL
Dr. Kaye, Trinity Seminary has a unique way of teaching Contemporary Christian Digital Ministry. My knowledge about blogs, downloadables, social media, etc was limited. Now I feel capable of teaching someone else. Thanks to Dr. Kaye.
Rev. J. Frierson, Ed.D (c), President, Landmark Christian Bible Institute, Inc, Senior Pastor, King of Kings Empowerment Ministry
Part One – Morning Session
The first part of the course focuses on the rapid growth of mobile digital technology and what it means to churches in the 21st century working to fulfill Christ’s Great Commission. Students will learn:
· How digital mobile technologies are widening the gap between ‘digital natives’ and ‘digital immigrants’ in church membership and what pastors can do to bridge that gap.
· Characteristics of digital mobile technologies and their effect on the contemporary Christian church and how to use them for the benefit of their church.
· The effective uses of mobile technologies to preach, teach, reach out to disciples, create community and fellowship, undertake missions, and outreach programs.
· Mobile media trends and how to incorporate these into church tools for sharing the Good News.
Part Two – Afternoon Session
The second part of the course focuses on specific mobile tools pastors can use. Students will learn how to quickly, easily, and inexpensively set up, manage, and employ a wide variety of mobile tools available in the digital age including:
· Optimizing the church website for access through mobile devices.
· Converting a blog to easy-to-access mobile viewing on mobile devices.
· Mobile money, specifically the use of digital mobile technology to maximize giving, and fundraising.
· The development of church apps.
· QR codes for church ministries and messages.
· Texting and SMS messaging to create community and reach out to members and nonmembers.
· Creating and distributing mobile video for discipleship.
The textbooks for this course will be The Christian Church in the Digital Age
by E. M. Kaye PhD. and The Next Story: Life and Faith After the Digital Explosion
by Tim Challies.
Call an Enrollment Advisor for more information and to enroll at 1-812-853-0611,
or contact us by email at email@example.com
Our office hours are 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Central Time.
This course is part of Trinity's Certificate in Digital Ministry. You can find out more about it here